Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Break

Life gets full.

Not simply busy, but full of things to do. My life has been filled to the brim lately. Meeting new people, celebrating weddings, taking photos, taking care of toddlers, trying to remember to do laundry, working at the shop, trips here and there . . .

Sometimes you just need a break, and not because you are a super woman who is killing it left and right. No, sometimes my husband has to do his own laundry before bed because I dropped that ball, and the floor hasn't been vacuumed for days, because seriously why bother some times?
And yet, I still need a break. Juggling, and sometimes not so well, gets tiring.

Moms, we are allowed rest even when we are surrounded by a mess. Even when cheerios are still on the floor, the laundry is still peaking out of the hamper, and whatever else seems to be out of order.

It is never all in order. Some days we do better than others, but we can't beat ourselves up when we are having a bad day.

God isn't just gracious when we think we deserve it . . . because we never deserve it. His grace is available always.

Let God speak grace into your world.

Lately my issue is not that I don't want to or put off doing things. (Okay obviously a little of the latter, because I am online rather than doing laundry at the moment.) Most of the time I am jumping from one thing to another and forget. Really truly. For instance, both of our phones need minutes. I can't seem to remember that, and my husband's has been out for two weeks. Sure, he could get his own, but I told him I would and then I completely forgot. For two weeks. Or how about my sister in law's birthday present (from June) that is still in my room.

So, even with plenty of things to do. I have to rest. We all have to rest. My poor little mind just needs a break from responsibility.

Sunday afternoon we ate a lot of food and watch a lot of TV. It was glorious. My husband cracked a joke about telling the world to go away, probably when the phone rang. (Sorry if that was you.) Then later in the afternoon he asked me to do something for him, to which I kindly replied, "Go away, world."

Rest up. You NEED that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment