Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Here and Now

So I'm really impatient. Really really.


When I have something to accomplish, something changes, an upcoming event, or a life problem I NEED to figure out solutions, NOW.

I want to map out possible outcomes, directions, possibilities, and tasks. I want to figure out the best way and get it done immediately!

Not because I'm organized and on top of things either. I worry. I stress. I fear. All things I know better than to do. But I do them.

What I know for certain is that God has a plan. His plans are always better than mine. He has a way. I trust that, but the wait . . . the surprise. I guess I hate surprises! :)

Last night I was struggling with these thoughts. I spend so much time in my head trying to solve something down the road rather than accomplishing what I should here and now. I kept repeating to myself, "Don't worry about tomorrow."

What can I do now? Not what can I do now that will make me good for it later, but what can I do here in this place I am at? That is where I am struggling, friends. That is how you can pray for me.

From the everyday ins and outs to the bigger life decisions, I want to be present. Know God here in this place, and not worry about what He will be doing tomorrow.

Right here, right now, I need to drink coffee, do laundry, tickle my son, wipe his nose, and clean my kitchen. So, I'm out.






No comments:

Post a Comment