Monday, November 2, 2015

Myth of Motherhood

Marriage is hard, yo.
It has been incredibly good on my prayer life though. :)

The only thing that brings me to my knees more is parenting. This motherhood business is no joke.

I want to briefly debunk a myth about us moms here.

And that is that we are not required to sacrifice ourselves for our children. Believe me, we make millions of sacrifices. That's not what I mean.

Mamas, don't lose yourself. This is easier said than done. The whirlwind of all that is new when a baby graces your world is hard to not get lost in. I mean, who are you anymore? The number of hats you wear is beyond impressive, and people don't appreciate it nearly as much as you wish they did. ;)

To be there for our children we do not need to get lost. We do not need to set ourselves aside as if this new person is far more important in the eyes of God. You, my dear, are a child too. You are His daughter, precious in His sight. Do not set that preciousness aside thinking it is what He requires of you because of motherhood.

There may be a lot of things about you that change when you become a mother, but don't let that all be things that take away from who you are. Perhaps you can't do what you once could, be it physically, socially, whatever. But, believe me, there is a world of wonderful things you can do to feed your own soul, to be true to yourself. Do them. Find them. Make them a priority. You matter. Your sweet little one(s) are the apple of your eye, no doubt. But don't forget your worth.

You are important.

Now go feed your soul, or perhaps like me, your face.

Breakfast time.

No comments:

Post a Comment