Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Man

I love my husband.

He is my home. He is safe. I'm so glad he keeps choosing me.

We have had our ups and downs. We aren't on top of the world right now even, but oh I love him. He's seen some ugly. I've done him harm. He has delivered the same. The fact that he is still choosing me makes me love him even more.

I broke down into a puddle of tears for him a couple days ago. He sat there and took it. He just listened. Now, he hasn't always been the best listener. He has his moments, but in that one he was perfect. He was exactly what I needed. He is always what I need. Not because he is always perfect, but because he is always there. He doesn't give up on me. He chooses me in the thick of it.

He works a lot. He plays with his kids every day. He loves me. He lets me duck out of bedtime routine to pass out because my body can't handle all the change it has endured the past few months. He's such a comfort.

He has been doing so well at just seeing me and loving me where I am at. He expects me to hold up my end of things, and when I fail miserably he is way more patient than I ever am with myself. He is gentle, and gracious. He has his moments, but he's getting so much better at not.

We learn to love in spite of failure. We stay together.

Parenting has been hard. Marriage has been hard. The economy has been hard. And here we are doing it. Ya know who hasn't been hard? God. God is just good. He is gracious and steadfast. He loves so good.

I'm grateful for God. I'm grateful for a man who loves God, and because he loves God he loves me better every day.

I love you, Sean.


No comments:

Post a Comment